2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip, 13′ Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage, Backlit Keyboard, FaceTime HD Camera, Touch ID. Works with iPhone/iPad; Gold
What are 2020 apple macbook air laptop: apple m1 chip features?
- All-day battery life – go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful performance – take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The apple m1 chip with an 8-core cpu delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Superfast memory – 8gb of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
- Stunning display – with a 13.3′ retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. Text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
- Why mac – easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.
- Simply compatible – all your existing apps work, including adobe creative cloud, microsoft 365, and google drive. Plus you can use your favorite iphone and ipad apps directly on macos. Altogether you’ll have access to the biggest collection of apps ever for mac. All available on the app store.
- Easy to learn – if you already have an iphone, macbook air feels familiar from the moment you turn it on. And it works perfectly with all your apple devices. Use your ipad to extend the workspace of your mac, answer texts and phone calls directly on your mac, and more.
- Fanless design – your macbook air stays cool and runs quietly even while tackling intense workloads.
- Applecare – every mac comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary technical support. Get applecare+ to extend your coverage and reduce the stress and cost of unexpected repairs.
- Environmentally friendly – macbook air is made with a 100% recycled aluminum enclosure and uses less energy for a smaller carbon footprint.
2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip, 13′ Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage, Backlit Keyboard, FaceTime HD Camera, Touch ID. Works with iPhone/iPad; Gold AMAZON
Looking for specific info?
How do i get this in 16gb ram
Can a wireless mouse be used with this mac?
Does it come with charger
Hola, necesito pedir con teclado en español y con 16gb de ram, como puedo hacer la compra.?
What’s the weight fir the macbook air m1?
Se puede trabajar con office de microsoft?
How is the return policy works ??
Hdmi & usb ports ?
How is sound through the headphone jack? Does it get as loud as an ipod?
Hello everyone, can you please tell me if the volume of the speakers is enough? I don’t know what to choose the air or pro version.
Does it have touchscreen?
Can i buy the asuron warranty instead of apple carewarantee
Is this item ( s20 fe) made in china or vietnam?
Can macbook air handle adobe creative cloud
Where is it manufactured
Do you ship to chile?
Is it have the same garantee of apple store? Is it new on locked box?
What kind of boxing does it come in with?
Can you play sims on it,with packs and cc?
How can i change the keyboard language to arabic for instance?
2020 Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip, 13′ Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage, Backlit Keyboard, FaceTime HD Camera, Touch ID. Works with iPhone/iPad; Gold AMAZON
What are our customers saying?
I recently migrated to apple after many years using a wide variety of pcs running windows or linux. I decided to make that move after apple’s introduction of the m1 processor, which has been proven to be an excellent hardware platform. Now. Of course, the m2 has been released, but, depending on your needs, the 2020 macbook air with the m1 will save you some money while still delivering outstanding performance and some of the most attractively and perfectly manufactured hardware. You can search the internet for professional reviews of the macbook air, but i feel confident you’ll find plenty to verify what i’m saying.
The retina display is beautiful. The sound system is superior to any other laptop i have owned or used. The battery holds up all day under typical use, and i can verify that the battery holds its charge well for at least a week while the notebook is powered off. The apple os (monterey) is smooth and fast, and i was able to learn my way around in it quickly. When you need help, a google search will yield tons of tips quickly, or you can avail yourself of apple support.
I will say that the air is a little short on usb ports, lacks a built-in card slot, and, of course, is not equipped with a touchscreen. However, i have run a usb hub from one of the two thunderbolt ports, and there seems to be enough power to support my flash drives and card readers…even a portable dvd-burner. As far as a touchscreen goes, i have that on a dell laptop i run linux on, but i never use it…guess i’m a mouse or touchpad guy.
The aluminum housing is beautifully machined and finished, the keyboard has a very nice touch, the battery seems to charge quickly, and the air is light at under 3 lbs.
One last thing! I have been a heavy user of both google and microsoft services, and i have found that apple provides ample support for integrating those services into the mac environment. I run google’s backup and sync and microsoft’s onedrive with no problems. My avg subscription allows me to use my antivirus software on both mac os and windows machines.
I have no regrets for this purchase. Actually, the air was my 3rd m1 mac. I also have an imac and a mac mini. They all work together very well!
La compré para actualizar mi imac de casi 10 años que ya anda algo lenta. La nueva imac no me agrada su diseño, así que también por presupuesto adquirí esta macbook air m1 a muy buen precio, es muy ligera lo cual hace que pueda transportarla fácilmente. Es realmente rápida comparada con mi antigua mac y con la compu del trabajo.
El principal uso que le doy es ofimática, algo de diseño de fotos y videos, navegar en internet, spotify, youtube, correos, netflix y así.
Cuando la configuré al inicio, se calentó bastante sin aparentemente estar haciendo nada y me preocupé pero leí que es normal al configurar la laptop por primera vez, después que ya quedó lista, ocupó de varias horas eso sí, no ha vuelto a molestar con altas temperaturas.
Ahora bien, no es que le he dado un uso intensivo así que no podría decir si en realidad se calienta mucho al llevarla a un uso extremo. Como aun no es mi computadora principal, no la uso mucho a diario, por lo que me ha durado la batería, después de cargarla al 100 %, casi una semana llegando al 15 % al quinto día sin apagarla de un día para el otro, solo la cierro y la uso al día siguiente; hago esto porque he leído que así funciona mejor mac os.
En unos meses pienso realizar una actualización de esta opinión de usuario.
Ahhhhh!!!, de ley consigan un usb-c hub, yo compré uno con 3 usb-a y una entrada para ethernet.
I have two macbook airs (mba), a 13′ and a 11, both with the previous form factor (the wide, body colored bezel around the screen, 1280×800 resolution) and this new 13′ mba improves upon it in every way (almost) and makes it nearly perfect.
– screen looks great! 2560×1600 resolution is bright and sharp and looks good with the thin black bezel. I usually don’t go above 50% brightness.
– keyboard is good. Some have mentioned that it still sucks, but i find it much better than the older mbas that i own and better than say, the magic keyboard. Even with a thin silicone keyboard cover i find the typing experience to be much better and i can type faster and with fewer mistakes.
– battery life is fantastic. Haven’t done any real testing yet and obviously it depends on a lot of factors (wifi usage, video streaming, hd vs 4k video viewing/processing/etc., screen brightness, type of app being used, etc.) but for my usage (mostly web browsing, video viewing on youtube, accessing vpn for work (citrix, epic), etc., it has been great. Easily tops 10 hours and super impressed so far.
– looks great. Love the newer (i know that the actual exterior design is a few years old by now) design, looks and feels great. Form factor is nice and it is a reasonable weight.
– no fan. That’s awesome, as it not only stays quiet all the time but you also do not need to worry about blocking any fan vents on the bottom or back of the case while you have it on your lap. Pretty amazing really for a laptop to have no fans.
– performance. It works great so far on what i have used it for, which is not terribly a lot, but it is what it is for a laptop using apple silicon for the first time. For just day to day use and things like chrome, office (word, excel), citirx, epic, etc., it has been super smooth and fast. Have not tried gaming yet but do not have high hopes given it is the base model with 7-core gpu. Also, things like start up are noticeably faster with the m1 versus my 2020 imac 27′ (top end) with intel chips.
– touch id is great still. Works very fast and the button does not get greasy (which makes it not work well) like the old iphone home buttons. On the other hand, it should really have face id at this point.
– apple ecosystem is great as usual and a real reason to get this mba. Apple watch easily unlocks it (so you do not really need face id if you have the watch). You can easily send/receive files using airdrop or cast using airplay. And so on and so forth.
– big sur comes preinstalled but you need to update to get 11.0.1.
– webcam still sucks. Still low resolution and just does not look good in facetime, teams, etc. Shame that apple is so slow to upgrade webcams on the macs (the 27′ imac finally upgraded to 1080p front cams only a couple months ago… I got one and it looks so much better than this mba’s camera).
– only 2 ports. Sad that this thing has only 2 usb-c ports (that cover thunderbolt 3, usb 3.1, charging, displayport). Given that it is used to charge, it leaves only one usb-c port for other use, pretty lame. I wish they had squeezed (i think it would fit) a usb-a port so that i could plug in my wireless mouse usb-a dongle as i have never liked any bluetooth mouse, or at least one more usb-c port.
– new tech (apple silicon) means the m1-optimized apps are still being rolled out, e.g. Photoshop still not available at release.
– battery still cannot be removed, no surprise here, but means that like all apple mobile tech it will have a useable lifespan determined at least partly by the non-removable battery. Easier to have an iphone’s battery replaced than a mba i would imagine but hopefully it maintains a high level of performance for 4 years at the minimum.
a few negatives (mostly the webcam) but enough significant improvements that this mba is really a no-brainer for anyone needing a non-power notebook compute, especially if s/he is already in the apple ecosystem. Love it so far!
As many others have shared, the apple macbook air m1 is a great laptop. The display is gorgeous. The keyboard is accurate and smooth. Apple has the best trackpads! Battery life is so good that there is no anxiety over having enough power to finish the day.
The setup experience is so good with apple products. All i had to do was choose my language and connect to wi-fi and then moments later the laptop was ready for me to login.
The laptop integrates so well with the other apple devices. Although i wonder why it wanted my iphone’s lock screen passcode. I am not sure how secure i feel that my iphone’s lock screen password is shared over the air with the laptop… Otherwise the macbook air is a great device for consuming content and for light-creative work.
This is my first macbook and thank you for changing the shipping restrictions, i was able to buy one. I am still adjusting with the keyboard and the os coming from a long time windows user. The battery life is amazing. Better than my windows laptop. Hopefully i can buy the higher specs next time, i don’t mind paying the tax. I originally wanted to get the 16gb ram and 1tb storage, but it doesn’t ship to my location. And thanks for the fast shipping.
100% brand new, sealed with all its plastic coverings and everything. Turned it on and so far so good. Arrived in time and in perfect condition. Thanks!
I bought this mba for my wife for valentine’s day, and she has been in love with it ever since. She thinks it was the best vday gift that she has gotten in years, it does everything so well!
I bought this 2020 macbook air (8 gb ram, 256 gb ssd storage) to replace a 2014 macbook air (4gb ram, 256 gb ssd storage). I am undeniably a fan of apple products in general, because they work with little fuss and are built to last (note that my old macbook air is more than 7 years old and still working perfectly). Although i’ve been underwhelmed by some mac models in recent years, this one is stellar imho. Unless you have very heavy system requirements this machine would be an excellent choice.
The m1 processor is very impressive, delivering outstanding performance and power/thermal efficiency simultaneously. Battery life is every bit as good as advertised; i can charge overnight and use it all day without plugging in. Connecting usb devices such as external drives will shorten battery life, but that’s to be expected. I love the fanless design, which means the machine is absolutely silent at all times, while the thermal efficiency of the m1 chip allows it to remain amazingly cool. In use, this computer feels very fast, especially with apps optimized for apple processors (as macos big sur is). Interestingly, microsoft has been on board early with m1 optimization; the latest office 365 version is smooth and fast on this machine. I also tried out ms edge on my new laptop based on a recommendation from another user and have been so pleased with its speed and efficiency that it’s my current default browser. The touch id and apple pay capability is a welcome addition.
The only cons i see are minor in my opinion. Because ram is integrated into the m1 processor, post-purchase memory expansion is not possible; if you think you’ll need 16 gb of memory that model can be had from the apple store. There has been criticism of the fact that this machine has only two ports, which is fair. For me that’s not insurmountable; i simply use a usb-c hub to provide additional connectivity. I’ve read recently that some users have had certain hubs cause problems with their m1 macs, which appears to be related to battery charging through these hubs. To be on the safe side i use a built-in port for charging and have had no issues.
Reading through the relative handful of critical reviews, it looks to me like most (excluding actual defects, which happen with all products) are based on lack of understanding. For example, i saw a large number of reviews complaining that this machine ‘has no usb ports!!!’, which is patently false. In fact, its two ports are both usb, they just require a different connector. What these users are looking for is the old usb-a connectors, which this macbook does not have; however, that’s easily fixed by using a usb-a to usb-c converter cable, or with a usb-c hub. Usb-a peripherals are gradually disappearing as well, in favor of the new connector.
All things considered, i really love this machine. The $899 price (at the time i bought mine) was $100 less than i would have paid at the apple store, and i believe i can probably get $200 on ebay for my old macbook air (try that with a 7-year-old pc!) leaving me with a total outlay of $699. Considering that i’ll almost certainly get 5 or more years use out of this model, i’m very happy with my purchase and would do it again.
I bought ‘used’ but macbook air looks nib (new in box) new for $752.39. I very happy with purchase
Looks and feels fantastic
Decent laoptop but pcs offer greater functionality for the $1k+ price tag. Performance and speed average when considering the price.
Perfect size to carry anywhere! I love this small laptop. The screen quality is great and touch screen is easy to use!
I bought this for my wife as i am a pc guy and this is a first impression review. Like all things apple, it is nice to look at with a sleek design and the screen that is sharp and clear. I always read the negative reviews and a lot of folks complained there were no usb ports. This isn’t entirely true, it says it comes with 2 usb c ports and it does. A simple thumb adapter ($5) is all you need to use a regular usb device. However, i was expected an sd card slot that is not there. That was disappointing but, again, an adapter can solve that. My wife loved the fact that almost as soon as she connected to our network, it almost instantly transferred everything from her phone and 10 year old macbook. So far, she is pleased with this purchase. Additional items needed: clear protective cover and screen protector $16, adapters $10, ms office home for mac, $149.
We bought the laptop in dec 2021. After a couple of weeks, it had a big os update: big sur to monterey. The problems started happening – i kept getting locked out, passwords not working, account name not working – resulting to my having to run to the mac service center 2x.
The first time they said the update caused some issues. Second one said, it was a file vault issue.
Also, noticed how since the update my battery life has decreased. The tech guys said this is normal after an update due to the machine still settling and should stabilize soon. It’s been a couple of weeks and still the same. I’ve even heeded the advice of not logging out nor shutting down, just folding the laptop, to let the machine keep working on the kinks. Also because it’s an m1 technology so no need to formally shut it down like a pc.
Not sure of what’s really going on, tbh.
Perhaps it is due to apples newest os being buggy, or it could be the unit is a lemon. Not sure. But giving it one last chance and if it fails me again before the 90 day warranty is up, i am returning it.
This works fine but i had to buy separate adapter to read thumb drives. Also bought external hard drive and dvd player. All the extras run up the overall price.
It’s not my first macbook, and the quality of it is up to standards. My issue is that i bought it in june of 2022, and it says it was produced in 2020. The title is misleading, it makes you think that it’s 2020 model. I hoped it wasn’t sitting on the shelf for two years, but looks like it was.
I like the shape, the weight,
i dislike the material it is made of , and limited applications to install on it
For the price and it apple product. I expected much more. Not able to download certain apps due to the small storage space on the laptop. Have to purchase an extra adapter for additional usb ports.
They sent the wrong color, but it’s otherwise great