Advantage II Flea Prevention and Treatment for Large Cats (Over 9 Pounds), 2 Monthly doses-Pack
What are advantage ii flea prevention and treatment for large cats over 9 pounds features?
- 2-month protection: 2-month supply of advantage ii topical flea prevention for cats 9 pounds and over
- Easy-to-apply: easy-to-apply and pre-measured application tubes, fragrance-free and waterproof after 24 hours
- Kills fleas through contact: adavantage ii flea prevention for cats kills fleas through contact, meaning fleas don’t have to bite your cat in order to die
- Starts working within 12 hours: starts working within 12 hours and protects your cat for up to 30 days. Kills fleas in multiple life stages; eggs, larvae and adults to break the flea life cycle
- Vet-recommended: vet-recommended, fragrance-free and designed specifically to treat and prevent fleas on cats
Advantage II Flea Prevention and Treatment for Large Cats (Over 9 Pounds), 2 Monthly doses-Pack AMAZON
Looking for specific info?
Why is the item called ‘bayer k9 advantix ii flea and tick control treatment for cats’? The bayer k9 is, of course, for dogs.
When using this medicine, do i also need to flea bomb or spray the apartment ? Or will the medicine kill all fleas in the apartment, as well?
Is this 6 month supply a 6 pack of tubes?
Does this kill ticks? If not, what do people recommend for ticks?
Is this product quick-drying (under an hour or so)? I have a cat that goes crazy trying to lick the oil-based or long-drying products off.
The title says 5-9lbs, but the picture is 9+lbs. What is being sold?
No expiration date?? Please advise….
You have a photo describing it as advantage ii, but the title calls it advantix ii. Which is it? Thanks!
Does advantage ii work for outdoor cats
I couldnt find the expiration date. Can you tell me where is it written????
i looked at the ones i received and i could not find expiration date.
I haven been getting advantage multi from my vet. Is this the same product?
In addition to just fleas, advantage multi also gets rid of mites *and other* additional internal parasites/worms which cats can pick up, which advantage ii will not address.
The title says flea and tick prevention, but the box only specifies fleas. Does in work on ticks?
Does this product kill ear mites?
Does this product work on lice? I’ve finally gotten rid of the fleas in the house, but the lice remain! Shampoos don’t kill them at all.
Is this from a guarantee usa supplier ?
Is this greasy? If so how long does it take to dry? Does it have an odor?
Does this kill flea eggs?
Any floridians have any luck with this product?the fleas here are immune to many of these topicals.thanks
My cat is not to be touched. Which flea and tick can be added to food
How can i be sure that the advantage i buy from amazon is still effective given the fact that there is no expiration date on the package?
Advantage II Flea Prevention and Treatment for Large Cats (Over 9 Pounds), 2 Monthly doses-Pack AMAZON
What are our customers saying?
Had what i’d say would be a decent flea issue that i just couldn’t get ahead of. They kept coming in by the couple on our pants and shoes from the neighbors animals, and turning into hundreds within a week or two. Kept getting in our bed and chewing my legs up! Holy hell what an annoyance! Finally decided to get some of these aside of some of the negative reviews. Read the instructions, and follow them! No issues whatsoever! I did notice my cat was a little more tired the second day, but that went away! It was probably more so just being more comfortable from the fleas dying than anything! I can’t imagine being covered in bugs like that and trying to sleep! Ugh! Anyway, like i say, the first treatment knocked them down pretty hard but noticed them coming back after about two weeks, and that’s when i hit them again with it. They gone fam! For cereal! No more fleas! I’m going to buy more and start doing maintenance doses once every six months or so just to keep them gone. It doesn’t take long for one to turn into a whole house full. If you have animals, you’re going to have fleas! Period! Unless you control them somehow. This was even after spraying my entire yard twice with ortho! Still had fleas coming in. They are ruthless, but they can’t beat this stuff! Cheers!
My poor cats got infested with fleas, and i bought this medicine with prime shipping so it’d get here asap. It arrived quickly and it works. I used it on each cat for 2 months and brushed them with a flea comb and it got rid of the fleas! This medicine kills the fleas and makes them fall off of the cat, but by that point they’re either dead or too weak to jump. I’ve used other brands of this kind of flea medicine and they were greasy and stayed in their fur for weeks, one of my cats even ripped off some of that fur because it was so irritating! This one didn’t give me or my cats any problems though and i will definitely be buying this in the future for flea protection.
I have 2 maine coons, one male 14 lbs with very sensitive skin and allergies and a 13 lb female. Somehow both my indoor babies got fleas. I bathed them both and then gave them oral capstar. First few days i groomed some dead fleas came off of them but within a week they were covered again. I was worried to give my male this due to his sensitive skin but the pills did not work.
This product was awesome and it did not effect his sensitive skin what so ever. Within a day fleas were falling off them and now a week later after a lot of grooming there is not one fleas or egg on them! Awesome flea killer, no smell, or skin irritation. I did follow the directions as instructed of course, i will be using this monthly now to avoid fleas getting on them or in my home!
It will nuke the fleas off your cat and create an inhospitable wasteland of toxic death that the fleas can not return to for several weeks.
Also your cat will f$%&ing hate it and you have to be extra careful to distract them, hold them with both hands, and have someone else sneak up and carefully apply the death-juice to the skin between their shoulder blades and lower neck where they can’t possibly manipulate their body to try to lick the poison off because lets face it cats are pretty stupid and they will poison themselves at the first opportunity.
I live in an area where flea infestations seem to be unusually common, even for my indoor cats. I use this medication preventatively for my two cats, which are around 12 and 10 pounds.
After multiple months of use, we have no fleas, and it does not seem to make my cats feel unwell, which was a concern of mine with topical flea medication.
I am not a veterinarian, but i am pleased with the product so far.
This seller shipped promptly and the product arrived on time. The product was in new condition and exactly as described. Would recommend this seller and i will buy from them again.
This was a great product! I have several cats and one with very sensitive skin. This product worked very well and no issues with skin!!
With my review i am going to address points from reviews posted. This review is only based on my personal experiences.
1. Price. Yes, this product is expensive. However, it’s absolutely worth it. It works very well and i’ve always felt that my cats not suffering is more important than the price tag. Also, here on amazon is significantly cheaper than other places. (saved $20 buying it here instead of 1800petmeds)
2. Balding. There are a few things that need to be known for this product. Make sure you are using the appropriate dose for your cats. Weigh them. Do not assume their weight. If they are on the borderline, use the smaller dose or dont use all of the larger one. Also dont put it all in one spot. Make a line from the back of their neck to their shoulder blades.
3. ‘frontline is cheaper and does the same thing’. Incorrect! Frontline is cheaper but in order for frontline to work, the fleas have to bite the animals. This product does not require them to be bitten.
4. ‘fleas didnt go away.’ you cannot expect any flea product to completely rid your home of them. It takes a minimum of 3 months to completely get rid of them if you actively fight against the fleas. You need to vacuum your floors and furniture every day at least for awhile. You also need to keep up with your laundry and wash blankets regularly, including your bedding. And its also very important to be spraying your furniture down with flea spray. Raid or hotshot work wonders for this! Spray your furniture and bedding down every night. I also spray in the crevices of my apartment because fleas like to hide.
5. ‘fleas were going everywhere so i had to give them a flea bath.’ do not do this. Them jumping off your pets is a good thing! That means the product is working. If you bathe them before the product has time to set it, you just wasted your money. This is why you need to be keeping up with prevention in your home. Theyre jumping off your animal because the product is working. Vacuuming, washing, and spraying is what will combat the infestation.
You cannot get rid of fleas completely in a short period of time so dont expect a miracle. That’s where people get disappointed. Let the product do its job and play catch up for the next few months. And make sure you’re keeping up with the doses!!
It’s too expensive but this potion works ! I buy them for my 3 cats and my dog every month, no more fleas.
I have used this product for years and it really gives your cats relief. Easy to use too. Just dab it on the back of the cats neck.
Over the years many flea products have become less effective. Generally it works at about a 70 percent effectiveness. I have found it is doing better than frontline currently. I combine this with capstar treatments to control fleas. This product is too expensive for the effectiveness. I am going to consider trying something new. I have used the seresto flea collars. They are more effective and cost efficient but one of my cats is allergic to it and the other one keeps getting it removed by someone in my neighborhood unfortunately. If i find a better cost efficient product i will update
I purchased other brand for my cat prior trying out this brand. Quite effective and priced reasonably, stock it up while on sale. Only drawback is monthly application.
I have used this product for 2 months on feral cat. I have still found ticks on the cat, so i will be contacting vet to see what might be better for the feral cat.
He still has some flees. I noticed a major difference after a week but unfortunately as it gets closer to the one month mark i notice the fleas are picking back up.
Does work. Bigger cats will need double dose
Made a difference but my cat had a bit of skin irritation where product was applied. Not sure if i’ll use again.
I like it’s easy to use just put back of my neck .
I use this on my 13lb cat. It works great! But only for about 3 weeks. Nothing else has worked though.
Love everything about the product except the drying time could be quicker…but other then that little thing, it works great for my cat who is both indoor and outdoor. No side effects either.
My male is long haired and he was covered in flea dirt, both cats are indoor only,but the fleas have been horrible this year. After using this, there’s barely any itching and the flea dirt is gone.