All-new Fire HD 8 Kids tablet, 8′ HD display, ages 3-7, includes 2-year worry-free guarantee, Kid-Proof Case, 32 GB, (2022 release), Blue
What are all-new fire hd 8 kids tablet features?
- Save up to $60 on a full-featured tablet (not a toy) for kids ages 3–7, 1 year of amazon kids+, and a kid-proof case with built-in stand, versus items purchased separately.
- Features 8′ hd display, 2 gb ram, 32 or 64 gb, up to 1 tb of expandable storage. Now up to 30% faster hexa-core processor compared to fire hd 8 kids 10th generation. All-day battery life – up to 13 hours of enjoying books, shows, and listening to music.
- Includes 1 year of amazon kids+ – a digital subscription designed for kids to safely learn, grow and explore. On the fire hd 8 kids, kids can enjoy thousands of ad-free books, games, videos, apps and more. After 1 year, your subscription will automatically renew every month starting at just $4.99/month plus applicable tax. You may cancel any time by visiting the amazon parent dashboard or contacting customer service.
- 2-year worry-free guarantee – if the tablet breaks, return it and we’ll replace it for free. Screen made with strengthened aluminosilicate glass and every fire kids tablet comes with a sturdy kid-proof case designed to protect against drops and bumps.
- Easy-to-use parent dashboard allows you to use parental controls to filter content based on child’s age, set educational goals and time limits, and grant access to additional content from netflix, disney+, and zoom. Parents can manage content for up to 4 child profiles. Kids can’t access social media or make in-app purchases without parental approval.
- Amazon kids+ content is curated and age-appropriate, so kids can learn, create, and play. Adjustable age filters let you customize the tablet to grow with your child. Plus, it’s easy to add content to your child’s profile for access to more apps and games.
- What’s included: fire hd 8 kids (12th gen) wifi-enabled tablet, amazon kid-proof case with stand/handle – amazon power adapter, usb-c (2.0) charging cable, built-in rechargeable battery, and 1-year amazon kids+ subscription (auto-renews at applicable rate).
All-new Fire HD 8 Kids tablet, 8′ HD display, ages 3-7, includes 2-year worry-free guarantee, Kid-Proof Case, 32 GB, (2022 release), Blue AMAZON
What are our customers saying?
Pre-ordered the disney princess version and i must say i was impressed and my toddler automatically fell in love with and when she saw the home screen she was beyond excited and happy! Felt good to see her happy and entertained and not fighting my 12 year old for his ipad! Personally felt this was a better investment for her age once she is old enough to take care of her things we will upgrade to ipad like her siblings!
Changes/upgrades from fire hd 8 kids (2020) to fire hd 8 kids (2022):
-cpu: now with hexa-core 2.0 ghz cpu, previous version was quad-core 2.0 ghz cpu
-battery life: now claims 13 hours battery life, previous version was 12 hours
-colors: now in blue, purple, disney princess, and disney mickey mouse; previous version was pink, blue, purple
-weight: now 18.3 ounces, previous version was 19.4 ounces (weight including cases)
-buttons: the power and volume button locations have switched. In the new 2022 version the power button is closest to the corner, where the volume buttons used to be in 2020 version. Also, the usb-c port is a little closer to the headphone jack in the new version. (so, cases from previous version will not fit this year’s version)
-recycled materials: now made with 35% post-consumer recycled plastics
currently the release price of $149.99 is $10 more than the previous fire hd 8 kids (2020 version). For this extra $10 you are getting a faster cpu, and a slight increase in battery life. So far for us, the faster cpu hasn’t been very noticeable, but it might become more noticeable in the future. Still, this is a pretty small upgrade, and if you have the 2020 version there isn’t much reason to upgrade to this one.
*is the kids package worth it?
First of all, let’s clear up some confusion. There were four devices released at the same time this year: fire hd 8, fire hd 8 plus, fire hd 8 kids, and fire hd 8 kids pro. The hd 8 plus has some improvements over the regular hd 8, like wireless charging and increased ram. With the kids versions though, they are both essentially regular fire hd 8’s (not plus), bundled with the kids+ service, 2-year warranty, and a case.
The only difference between the kids and kids pro versions, is that the kids pro is designed for older children; and so it includes slimmer case, a customizable home screen theme, and access to a digital store where kids can purchase content with parent approval. The actual hardware is the same, they are both regular hd 8s.
Currently the regular fire hd 8 (2022) is $99.99, so you are paying $50 more for the kids bundle (case, warranty, and 1 year of kids+ service). Is this worth it? Well currently a 2-year warranty is $12.99, a stand-up case for the hd 8 is $32.99, and currently kids+ is $48/year for prime members billed annually. So, if you are a prime member and you were going to order all these things individually, it would cost you $193.97. This makes it seem like a good deal. Keep in mind though that you will continue to be billed $4.99 a month for the kids+ service after your free year expires.
Kids+ is something you might have to try out for yourself to determine if it is worth using. Our kids didn’t find it to be particularly great, and they were happy to just play games that didn’t require kids+. Your family might feel differently though. Just remember to cancel kids+ after a year if you don’t find it to be useful.
We had the fire tablet before but my toddler hated the ads but is anyone else having issues with the charging ? Doesn’t seem to stay charged as long at the fire tablets other than that it’s amazing !!